The 2015 General Election is fast approaching and there are a couple of dates that are important. October 5, 2015 is the last day to register to vote in the 2015 elections. If you have moved, you need to re-register to vote. If you are a new voter, you need to register. Here are some ideas:
To register to vote in the State of Georgia, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a legal Resident of the county ,
- Be at least 171/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Where To Register To Vote – The State’s Voter Registration Agencies include:
- State Supervisor of Elections’ office;
- Division of Elections;
- public library
- Driver’s license office
- Voter registration agencies
- recruitment offices
Voter registration is a county function. Georgia counties issue precinct cards after reviewing and processing applications. You may confirm your voter registration status through MVP. If you have submitted a voter registration application within the prior three to four weeks and your name does not appear, please contact your local county registrar office to check the status of your application.
How To Register To Vote
- Georgia citizens have access to several convenient methods of registering to vote:
- You can Register to Vote Online
- Download, complete, and mail a voter registration application. (http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/register_to_vote)
- Contact your local county board of registrars’ office or election office, public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, schools and other government offices for a mail-in registration form.
- Registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver’s license at Department of Motor Vehicle Safety drivers license posts.
- College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S., from their school registrar’s office or from the office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Early voting in the City of Dacula starts October 12, 2015 and continues each day through October 30, 2015 at the Dacula City Hall. The Dacula General Election will be held on November 3, 2015 from 7:00 a. m. until 7:00 p. m.
If you desire to vote at the Gwinnett County General Election, the same dates apply. You vote at your regular County/State polling place and as announced for early voting (not all local polling places are available for early voting). Yes, you need to visit both polling places to vote in the City election and the County election.